Infection Control Statement: October 2023
In line with the Health and Social Care Act 2008: Code of Practice on Prevention and Control of Infection and its related guidance, this Annual Statement will be generated each year. It will summarise:
- Any known injection transmission events and actions arising from this;
- Audits undertaken and any subsequent actions;
- Risk assessments undertaken for prevention and control of infection;
- Education and training received by staff; and
- Review and update of policies, procedures and guidance
Infection Control Team
The infection control team at Woodlands Medical Centre is:
- Lead Nurse: Heather Pinder- Infection Control Lead
- Assistant Practice Manager: Caroline Bodinham- responsible for external contracts with the external cleaning company, window cleaning company and infrastructure improvements.
- GP Partner: Dr Adam Jones
Infection transmission events or significant events involving infection control
There have been no infection transmission events specific to Woodlands Medical Centre in the last 12 months.
Audits and risk assessments undertaken and subsequent actions
Risk assessments and protocols are reviewed on a regular basis as new guidance is introduced nationally.
Wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) has been strictly adhered to as recommended in guidance from Public Health England (PHE) and is regularly risk assessed and changed as recommended in the updated guidance regularly provided by PHE.
All practice staff have been trained in donning and doffing PPE as per PHE guidelines.
The practice has implemented the new national healthcare cleaning standards and is fully compliant.
The annual waste audit has been carried out in conjunction with the clinical waste contractor and all staff have been reminded about the importance of segregating and labelling clinical waste appropriately.
All staff receive comprehensive infection control training as part of their induction programme and undertake regular updates.
All staff complete hand hygiene training on an annual basis. The practice also carries out regular hand hygiene compliance spot-checks.
Review and update of policies, procedures and guidance
All polices relating to Infection Control have been reviewed and are being updated in line with new national cleaning standards.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.