Covid Booster Programme for Didcot
Clinics will start on Saturday 9th October at the Civic Hall and run on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- We will give Covid boosters and flu jabs at the same time in these clinics for patients at all 3 Didcot Practices
- The Covid booster needs to be given at least 6 months after the second dose to be worthwhile, and we will therefore invite people when they have reached that point, and the order in which we invite them will therefore mirror the order in which the initial programme ran, i.e. oldest first.
- The guidance is to use Pfizer vaccine for everyone, regardless of which vaccine they had first time.
- These combined clinics will be for people aged 65 and over, as this cohort all have the same type of flu vaccine, and we don’t want to mix and match 2 different flu vaccines in the clinic at the same time, as the risk of someone getting the wrong type of flu vaccine would be significant.
- There will be a group of people – the clinically extremely vulnerable aged under 65 – who will become eligible for a Covid booster several weeks before we are able to offer them one. These people would do better to book via the national booking service to access their booster vaccine via a local pharmacy or the Kassam clinic.
- Flu jabs for people under 65 will arrive mid-end October, and these will be administered at a practice level, overlapping with the network level combined clinics at the Civic Hall, and will be given separately from any Covid boosters.
- The Wednesday clinics will be predominantly staffed by network additional clinicians and externally employed people so as to minimise the impact on core staffing at practices, which continue to be under significant pressure.
- A big thank you in advance for the remobilisation of the volunteer effort to help support these clinics.
Covid Vaccination Programme in Didcot
The 3 Didcot Practices are working together to deliver the Covid vaccination programme at Didcot Civic Hall. It's great to see so many smiling faces from patients and staff and the feedback has been really positive.
Please be patient and we will contact you when we have a vaccination available for you. Booking is via a separate online system but please don't worry, if you don't have a mobile phone or can't access the link, we will call you instead to book you in.
"Yesterday Thursday I received my first Covid-19 vaccination. The process was carried out impeccably. Last Saturday I was invited by text message to attend and on Tuesday I booked an appointment at the Didcot Civic Hall. On Thursday I was seen on time and was in and out within ten minutes, leaving aside the 15 minute precautionary wait. All the staff, not forgetting volunteers, knew what they were doing and explained the process clearly.
No side effects. My experience was reassuring and I look forward to the second vaccination in due course. Thank you to all involved and bravo!"
"I went to the Civic Centre for my jab today. I was most impressed by the organisation and performance of professional staff and helpers. It was perfect in all respects. Please would you convey to Woodlands both my thanks and congratulations for a wonderful response."
Published: Oct 12, 2021