Welcome from the Woodlands’ Patient Group Chair, Martin Tarran-Jones
“Every registered patient of the Woodlands’ Practice is entitled to belong to its Patient Group (PG). Our message is: “Patients and Practice, working in Partnership.” We exist to help improve services for patients.
The PG has been running for 15 years and has a close relationship with the Practice Partners and Management, which we highly value.”
The main activities of the PG are:
- Our PG committee meets every two months to oversee our work and to plan-ahead.
- Each year prior to May 31st, we hold an Annual General Meeting to which all patients are invited.
- We hold two to three PG Group meetings each year, with keynote speakers and the chance for patients to be updated on Practice news and to ask questions of its management.
- We have a database of over 1200 patients who have authorised us to hold just their names and email address, so that we can send them information about the Practice and other key non-clinical NHS and Social Care news. The database is managed by our Secretary: Dermot Paddon.
- We are working with the Practice to launch the new Patient dedicated facility at the Woodlands.
Patient Group Committee Members
Lay members: Martin Tarran-Jones (Chair), Dermot Paddon (Secretary), Sam Buckley (Treasurer), Wendy Price (Patient services), Gaynor Thomas, Tony Twigger.
Practice members: Sam Barrett (Practice Business Manager), Dr Rachel Ward (Practice Partner representative), Linda Fry (Practice Operations Manager).
Joining the Patient Group (PG)
If you would like to join the PG you can send an email to Dermot Paddon at: email@example.com. The PG database is run on the same principles of data protection compliance as are used by the Practice itself, and in compliance with the latest GDPR regulations. We only use it to send you relevant Practice, NHS, and Social Care information, and news of events that we are running. You will have no obligations and can ask to leave the database at any time. Your email address will never be disclosed to a third party without your permission. If you receive Patient Group updates and you no longer wish to do so, please email Dermot Paddon accordingly
Membership of Woodlands Medical Centre Patient Group.
The membership of the Woodlands Medical Centre Patient Group has recently reached the Committee’s 1200 members’ target. This is a great achievement for all the Patient Group Committee members who actively recruit new members to the group. Next target is 1500, this will represent over 10% of all patients who are currently registered at Woodlands Medical Centre.
New PG Committee members sought:
Our Constitution allows us to have up to ten lay-committee members and we currently have six. We meet once every two months. If you would like to find out more, please contact our secretary Dermot Paddon at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping up to date
You can keep up to date with the Patient Group in the following ways:
By reading our Information Sheets:
- Issue 017 2018: Information on "Parkrun" collecting for Didcot Food Bank, accessing medical services over xmas. Click here: Info Sheet 17th November 2018
- Issue 016 September 2018: Invitation to Patient Group meeting on October 29th Public Health meeting in Didcot Civic Centre. ‘Flu jabs for 2018. Click here:Info Sheet 16th September 2018
- Issue 015 July 2018: On line Patient Access update re changes. Click here:Info Sheet 15th July 2018
- Issue 014 July 2018: Sam Barrett new Practice Business Manager. Children’s Art Competition. Travel Clinic update. Health Tip: Sun damage to skin. Click here:Info Sheet 14th July 2018
- Issue 013 June 2018: New Practice Partner, Dr Rachel Ward. Patient Group committee. How to comment on Health and Care services. Healthy eyes. Click here:Info Sheet 13th June 2018
- Issue 012 March 2018: New Sexual Health service. E-consulting trial launched. Travel Clinic update. New telephone system update. Patient representation. Click here.Info-sheet 12 mar 18 final.pdf
- Issue 011 February 2018: New phone system installed. New Practice services. Staff update. New Electronic Boards. Hospital Press Release digest on parking. News about the PG AGM on April 23rd 2018. Click here. Info-sheet 11 jan 18.pdf
- Issue 010 December 2017: WMC PG meeting news, Report on the PG meeting held on the 16 October 2017. Click here:Info Sheet 10th Nov 2017
- Issue 009, November 2017: Telephone system, Travel Clinic, Building update. Click here. Info-sheet 10 Nov 17.pdf
- Issue 008, October 2017: ‘Flu programme. WMC extension update. New locality-based patient services. Staff update. Click here.
Info-sheet 008 Oct 2017 final.pdf
UPCOMING PATIENT GROUP (PG) SPONSORED EVENTS:
Information on these events will be sent out to all PG members and displayed in the surgery as they become due.
All PG events will be held at Woodlands Medical Centre unless otherwise advised.
- PG Committee Meeting: February 13th 2019 at 10:00
- Patient Group Meeting January 28th 2019. 6.30 pm. In January 2018 Dr Alex Hart, Woodlands’ Senior Partner, gave a very interesting and stimulating presentation on trends within the Health Service, and how the Practice planned to respond to these. He will be presenting his updated views, on the current rapid growth in the Didcot area’s population and the development of Primary Care to meet this.
PATIENT GROUP CONTACTS:
Chair: Martin Tarran-Jones. Email: email@example.com
Secretary: Dermot Paddon: firstname.lastname@example.org